This page was originally created for a GE front loader washer. But changing the door gasket on a whirlpool duet is virtually identical to replacing the door gasket on the front loader washer on this page. The only notable differences are, that you will need a TOX 20 screwdriver to remove the door lock and step 10 is not at all necessary.
This page also applies to most Kenmore front-loader washers and the Whirlpool Elite series
On this page I will walk you through the steps in replacing the door gasket on your GE front loader washer. One of the most common problems with front loader washers is the door gasket will leak.
If you need a part You can enter your model number or part number here to search the part you need.
1. Disconnect power from washer then remove the trim on top of the washer at the front (it is held on by three screws).
2. Remove the top by removing the three screws on the back.
3. Remove the soap dispenser.
4. Remove the control panel by removing the four screws on the top and one behind the soap dispenser. There are two clips on the inside right-hand corner of the case holding the control panel on you must press by reaching over the top to the inside.
5. Remove the bottom panel.
Whirlpool Duet Washer Parts
6. Open the door and remove the door latch by removing the three screws (don’t have to disconnect wires).
7. Using a screwdriver remove the wire clamp that holds the boot on in the front. This clamp is in the grove on the front of the boot.
8. Remove the front (door and all) by removing the four screws (one on each corner).
9. At the top of the boot there should be two hoses, slip the boot out from around the hoses.
10. Remove the bottom balance weight off the front of the tub. Note that this step is not necessary but will make the next step easier on a GE front loader washer.
11. Loosen the screw clamp that holds the boot on at the back.
12. Once the clamp is loose, the boot should pull off.
13. Then resemble with new boot.
When reinstalling the new gasket there is a notch in the gasket that should line up with a arrow in on the tub as shown below.
When reinstalling the gasket, be sure to properly install the hose as shown below.